The Power of the Dream is a Raleigh, NC based 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, founded in 2008 by a group of families and self-advocates to assist others in better understanding micro-enterprise and asset building.
Today The Power of the Dream focuses on:
- Advocating for adults with Autism/IDD and their families.
- Creating collaborative community partnerships to promote inclusive employment for individuals with Autism/IDD through our PowerUP Inclusive Employment project.
- Facilitating local employment opportunities by connecting employers, employees, and service providers. Our PossAbilites web-based portal will go live in 2017.
- Creating jobs through our HANDmeUPs store and future businesses owned by The Power of the Dream.
- Educating individuals/families about customized self employment / micro-business creation.
To create jobs and advocate for adults with Autism and/or other intellectual developmental disabilities (IDD) in the North Carolina Triangle.
We value creating independence and increased self-esteem for those with Autism and/or intellectual disabilities. To this end we educate the greater community about the issues surrounding employment of this population, we advocate for the employment rights of those with Autism/IDD, and empower them to obtain and retain gainful employment and understand their rights.
To provide meaningful choices for adults with Autism/IDD wherever they live, learn, earn, play and pray.