Micro-Enterprise / Small Business Resources
Micro-Enterprise and Small Business Resources
- Association for Enterprise Opportunity – The Voice of Micro Business
- The US Small Business Administration – Resource Website – Starting your own Business
- The Small Business and Technology Development Center for NC
- Micro-Enterprise 25-Step Business Plan Workbook – Written by a Person with Disabilities
- “Quality Mall” has a department on self-employment / micro-enterprise, which are small companies usually owned and operated by one person. Some of the products in the Department are micro-enterprises run by people with disabilities. Other products explain the steps in forming a small business or provide useful information about supporting such businesses.
- MICHELOTTIMEDIA – Offers special programs to assist entrepreneurs with Autism / IDD realize their revenue potential. Services include: Business Consulting / Strategic Marketing / Public Relations; Branding; Content/Product Developement; Sales/ Distribution/; Artist/Speaker Representation; Publishing; and all aspects of media development including print/web/video production and animation.
Examples of Small Businesses Owned by People with Disabilities
- “JennyLU Designs“
A business owned by a person whose specialty is creating artwork and adding it to stationery, notepads, pens, t-shirts, calendars, hats and magnets
- “Dusty’s Puppets“
A business owned by a person whose specialties are performing puppet shows and selling puppets.
- “Life’s Unlimited Zenith, LLC“
A business owned by a self-described artist, trainer and advocate. She creates many products to sell, including greeting cards with inspirational messages.